Tuesday 7 July 2015

Casual tops

Looking back over Me Made May, I decided that I was in need of some casual tops to wear over leggings.  So I bought these 2 Kwik Sew patterns, 3593 and 3533.

First up is Kwik Sew 3593.  I sewed this from brown t-shirting bought from Fabricland.  The contrast yoke is from a big bag of scraps that was donated to me.  It’s a lovely stretch fabric with a slight nap, giving it a lovely velvety feel.  I deliberated over the length this top should be, and nearly shortened it to t-shirt length.  I decided t keep it longer on the advice of friends.

DSC_7437DSC_7440

Here’s Kwik Sew 3533.  I sewed this using a remnant of jersey from C&H fabrics.  I really love the colours!  I found the black jersey for contrast bands in the big bag of scraps too!  It’s a light jersey that will be useful in summer and winter with a long sleeved top underneath.  I cut this as a large size and then took it in lots!  I am still not too happy about it, it still feels a bit big.  I decided on the modesty panel as it has turned out very low!  Maybe I need to lift it at the shoulders?

DSC_7443DSC_7447

Finally, I made this little doggie messenger bag to carry essential stuff on dog walks!  I bought the printed hessian type fabric several years ago at Sandown quilt show.  I found the pattern in an old Better Homes and Gardens quilting magazine.

DSC_7448

And here’s the little doggie that I am just beginning to take for walks!  His name is Barney and he is nearly 4 months old now.

DSC_7272

No comments:

Post a Comment