Monday 17 October 2016

One pattern, Three looks

With the price of patterns so high nowadays, it’s great to use a pattern more than once.  I think people call it TNT, tried ‘n tested.  I fell in love with this Kwick Sew pattern, K4026

DSC_9618

My first attempt at making this dress was for Christmas last year.  I bought this gorgeous printed jersey from More Sewing.  The rich velvety look to the fabric suited a Christmas dress.  It was a very straight forward make, the only alteration was to grade out at the waist.  I love the skirt on this dress!

DSC_8403DSC_8405DSC_8407

The next iteration of this pattern was a top.  Another gorgeous jersey fabric from More Sewing, but this time much more drapy.  Indeed, I had to alter the cowl neckline as it was so low!  But I just love the colours in this fabric.

DSC_9604DSC_9605DSC_9606

Finally, a dress I made this summer for a friend’s 60th birthday party.  This is my least favourite of the 3, as it is a very bouncy fabric and it feels like the cowl neck sticks out!  I am not sure about the sleeves either, maybe it would look better sleeveless?  I made this one longer in length, and the skirt is very swishy!

DSC_9608DSC_9610DSC_9611

Finally, talking about saving money, here’s a plantain top (Deer and Doe free pattern) I made with the leftovers from the Christmas dress.  There is a seam down the back, and the sleeves are made from a lovely tweed look fabric.  The only problem is that the sleeves are a little bit tight as this tweed is a woven fabric.  If I do it like this again, (which I am sure I will!) I will either use a stretch fabric or cut them a bit bigger!  I do love the elbow patch detail on this top!

DSC_9617DSC_9615DSC_9616

No comments:

Post a Comment