Thursday 9 August 2018

New Summer Dressing Gown

My old summer dressing gown was looking very tatty, but I held off buying a new one because I wanted to make it.


I had spied this lovely fabric from More Sewing, and already had a pyjama pattern that included a robe, New Look 6233.  The fabric is lovely, a salmon pink jersey, with the words, SWEET, CUTE, and LOVE written diagonally across the fabric.   It has an interlock backing, which gives it a lovely weight.


 I made a larger size than my measurements, just because it is nice to have a robe/dressing gown that wraps right round, with lots of overlap!


I matched the writing on the pockets exactly!  I sewed it with a mixture of overlocking and small zig zag.


I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you made your dressing gown, instead of just going out and buy one. The upside of it all is that you are able to chose a fabric you love. I am utterly amazed at your skills and that you have matched the writing on the pockets! xxx

    ReplyDelete