Wednesday 29 August 2018

Cold Shoulders!



During the hot weather a few weeks ago, I decided to try out the popular 'cold shoulder' look.  I had not done so previously because being type 1 diabetic, I have a blood sugar sensor stuck to my arm, and I am rather self conscious of it, not wanting it to be on show.  I actually bought a couple of tops in the sale at H&M and realised that in actual fact, the lower sleeve hid the sensor quite well. 


I had this top pattern in my stash.  It came free with a sewing magazine last year.  I don't buy the sewing magazines very often nowadays as I find there is very little in there to read!  So I only buy if I really like the free pattern. 



So, this pattern was sitting in my stash, and then Laura at More Sewing got this fabric in - blue and white stripes with flamingos!  Perfect for my top!  This fabric is sold out now, but have a look here, at her other lovely jersey fabrics.






I had to go out and buy white trousers specially, but managed to find some in the sale at Peacocks.  I rather like the little bow at the ankle. 

I love the top!  But I hadn't realised how difficult 'cold shoulder' tops are to wear.  The 'sleeves' ride up all the time, and the front edge kind of strangles me, so I am always pulling it down.  Consequently, I am not sure how much wear I will get it out of it, but it is nice to wear out on summer evenings.  Shame the hot weather has left us now!

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric you've made your top in, and also that it has straps, rather than just being off the shoulder, which I guess would mean even more adjusting! By coincidence, I too bought an off the shoulder (sorry, but I'm not a fan of the "cold shoulder" name) in the H&M sales as well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to the flamingos on stripes and bows on jeans! You are a clever lady, the top is unique and bra-friendly, I've added Petersham straps on bardot dresses as I can't be bothered with strapless bras, they don't work! I often get my jeans from Peacocks too, great prices. Hugs, x.

    ReplyDelete