Friday 18 January 2019

2018 Year of Sewing

I love reading about other sewists hits and misses for the past year.  See Gillian's Top 5 Hits and Misses over on her blog Crafting a Rainbow.  I haven't got a top 5 of each,  as I only finished 8 garments:


 Denim jacket  Started in 2017, finished in January 2018
* fleece jacket (unblogged)
* Shirt for Maurice (unblogged)
* Shirt for myself (unblogged)
* leopard print tunic (unblogged)
* dressing gown
* 2 x Long sleeved t- shirts (unblogged)
* Summer 'cold-shoulder' top







Also 3 from fabric I already had in my stash:
* red shirtdress
* cape (unblogged)
* black top - unhemmed at present






I refashioned a  few items too:
* skirt into top
* trousers taken in
* too large top shortened and taken in



Other sewing I did includes:
* new curtains for my newly decorated bedroom (see photo in my previous blog post)
* finished my calendar quilt
* autumn table runner
* knitting bag
* made a bag that scrunches up into a small corner
* a cross stitch sampler - still to frame




I love sewing for Christmas!  Here are some items I made as decorations and gifts:
* felt Christmas decorations
* crayon rolls for great nieces and nephews
* cushion for Tash - for her vintage caravan that she is renovating
* t-cosy for Burnice
* Quilt for Nicholas - it is backed with the softest fleece fabric, so cosy.









I have been very lax in blogging for a few years, so many of these are not blogged.  I need to take some better photos and write more posts! 

It has been a very good sewing year for me!  I am hoping that 2019 proves to be just as good. 

I have plans to make at least 1 quilt from my stash (I have kits for about 4 quilts that I have had a long time)
Use up more of my dressmaking stash
Refashion more items
Challenge myself with dressmaking - maybe make a coat?

I am writing a review of other things I did in 2018, be sure to come back and have a look!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you do well? I love the shirt dress - which I'd already admired - and the cape especially. Love all your Christmas sewing too. Handmade presents really are the best! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive year. I love your denim jacket and your shirtdress but all your sewing is just lovely. Those felt Christmas decorations are the cutest things. A bit late in the day but best wishes of the new year and I hope that 2019 will be as prolific! Xx

    ReplyDelete